A
reassuring
presence

Désourdy Funeral Homes: reassuring professionals for over 85 years

For over 85 years and across three generations of Désourdy family members, expertise in funeral services has been passed on from father to son. Over the past decades the Désourdy family has been helping families from Henryville, Farnham, Cowansville, Knowlton, Sutton, Ange-Gardien and Mansonville to grieve the loss of a loved one, respecting their beliefs and current situation.

1928 M.J. Ernest Désourdy, the grandfather of the current owner, Mr. Jean-Pierre Désourdy, established his first funeral home in Henryville.
1961 The sons of M.J. Ernest Désourdy, Jean-Marc and Fernand, became the company’s successors and acquired a funeral home in Farnham, which was owned by M.J. Éliodore Brouillette.
1967 The sons acquired a funeral home in Cowansville and another one in Sutton, which belonged to Mr. Albert Bédard.
1972 The company acquired another funeral home in Ange-Gardien. From 1961 to 1976, the Désourdy brothers were owners of the ambulance services in Cowansville and Farnham.
1997 The Ange-Gardien funeral home is completely renovated.
1998 Brothers Jean-Pierre and Robert Désourdy officially took over the reins of Désourdy Funeral Homes and bought out the shares of Jean-Marc.
2007 The Désourdy family acquired his own crematorium, which enabled the company to offer in-house cremation services.
2009 Jean-Pierre and Robert Désourdy acquired the five funeral homes of Maisons funéraires Désourdy & Wilson. Two of these funeral homes are located in Cowansville and one in Knowlton, Sutton and Mansonville. Désourdy Funeral homes now have eight locations, In 1979, Jean-Marc Désourdy had sold these funeral homes to the company at the time.
2014 Jean-Pierre Désourdy became the sole proprietor of Désourdy Funeral Homes.

The third generation of the Désourdy family is now proud to pursue its tradition of excellence by offering grieving families complete funeral services and access to a team of reassuring professionals.

Contact us