Funeral pre-arrangements: what can I really plan in advance?
Contracts for pre-arranged funerals are essentially drawn up between you and Désourdy Funeral Homes. These contracts enable you to clearly specify in writing your last wishes. It is important to keep this document in a safe place, yet be easily accessible to your loved ones in the time of need.
If you decide to not plan for a funeral pre-arrangement, your loved ones will be confronted with many heart-wrenching decisions, including:
- Do you want a visitation with an open casket?
- Do you want to be cremated?
- Do you want to be buried in a casket or donate your body to science?
- If you are cremated, do you want them placed in an urn and buried, put in a niche in our columbarium, or given back to the family?
- Do you want a religious or secular ceremony: in a church, chapel or elsewhere?
- Where would you like your reception to take place: in one of our reception halls or another area that is of utmost significance for you and your family?
- How do you want your reception to be carried out regarding the decorations, speech, food, refreshments, etc.?
- How do you want people to express their sympathies: by a donation to a charity or with flowers?
- Is it important for you to have some personal belongings buried with you or placed in a keepsake?
- What is your overall budget for your funeral service?
Take time to plan your funeral arrangement.
Contact us today for an appointment